Infusion Nurse Job, Part-time, Employment in Davenport, IA
Metro Infusion Center is seeking an Infusion Nurse Practitioner to work three days a week at the clinic located in Davenport, IA.
Renowned for offering a comfortable, welcoming environment for patients seeking infusion therapy, Metro Infusion Center is equally committed to being an outstanding working environment for every employee. Its state-of-the-art facilities offer the latest technologies and medicines, while experienced, compassionate teams go above and beyond to make sure patients get the highest quality care.
With the growth that Metro Infusion Center has exhibited over the last few years, not to mention the projected growth we see on the horizon, we have been fortunate to be in a position to attract and hire an impressive level of specialists for our current teams across the nation. Our team of infusion nurses, pharmacists, infectious disease specialists, and physicians bring collective expertise that’s second to none.
Ideal candidate will have excellent IV skills (PICC certified preferred, but not required). This position offers the high-tech infusion nurse the ability to utilize skills in an office setting and competitive pay.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
- At least (2) two years Nurse Practitioner experience, preferably in an infusion related setting
- Infusion Experience
- Chemo experience is preferred, but not required
- COVID-19 Vaccination (with booster if second vaccination has surpassed the 6-month timeframe OR able to provide a documented case of COVID upon employment)
- Insert Peripheral lines; teach infusion patients how to self-administer medications. Must have excellent IV skills. Document same in Medical Record.
- Must be familiar with PICC lines and proficient in PICC dressing changes.
- Review and chart daily laboratory results, passing information on to physicians and/or patients as needed.
- E-prescribe new prescriptions and refills at doctor’s order and communicates to pharmacies.
- Receive and return patient and other’s telephone calls.
- Review EMR charts for next day’s appointments, ordering lab results, consult reports or notes as necessary and document all required fields are within
- EMR to be eligible for meaningful use.
- Responding to telephone calls, meeting patients in the office on weekends, scheduling patients to come to the office as needed.
- Participate in quality assurance and educational activities as requested.
- Use clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs establishing priorities.
- Monitor the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participate in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with facility.
- Arrange for daily coverage with co-worker.
- Assist and consults with the physician in the ordering of procedures and diagnostic tests.
- Order laboratory tests for patients per provider’s order or standing order. Performs follow-up on abnormal labs and medication refills as instructed.
- Maintain patient records, billing documentation and all other administrative records, documentation and correspondence in practice’s EHR as required.
- Administer immunizations, TB screening, medications and blood draws consistent with current guidelines and established protocols.
- Support professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) Standards of Nursing Practice; 2) JCAHO, state and local laws; 3) MIDC policy.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by Practice Physicians and Practice Administrator